Need an account? Register.

Jobs

Forum Index

Jobs

Posted 02-09-2020 11:25:08
So..I have been working as a head cook at a facility for adults with mental disabilities..apparently they are supposed to be high functioning so they don't need a high level of care.
They also have a daycare on the second level so I have been cooking for them for the past four weeks.

It is a bit more than I expected but it is far better than working as a housing attendant as I originally applied for.
The reason I jumped at the cook opportunity was because my applied position hadn't even started yet (I applied in December) and so I inquired about other positions and they offered me the head cook position.

It is a lot of work but my hours are normal; with the housing attendant I would have been working a 12 hour shift overnight, 2 days on week and three the next (they have a bi-monthly pay period, I guess).

So..what do you guys do?
Posted 02-05-2021 09:19:00
Currently unemployed, but over the past few summers I assisted at a flower farm. I would help prepare spaces for growing flowers in the soil such as burning holes in fabric and drilling holes in the soil for seeds and bulbs. I would also plant seeds in planters and sort through old material. It was a part time gig and wasn't too bad even when it got hot out.
Currently I'm a full time college student, hoping to get another gig this summer.