Need an account? Register.

Item Suggestions

Forum Index

Item Suggestions

Posted 01-06-2021 14:23:59
Place your ideas for new items here! This includes backgrounds, vistas, companions, and general alchemical items. You are free to suggest items with or without a function.

Some simple rules:
- Keep it copyright free! This includes being aware that your suggestion should not be something you 'own', so that we are able to actually use it. If you do submit something here, keep in mind that it is giving us permission to use it!

- Don't post art here! If you want to submit art for official use, you should contact us through a PM or email.

- Suggest general and simple things, since items and other things come in a variety of 'flavors'. Example for a companion : 'A horse with a skull head and tail' is a lot easier to work with as a companion versus 'a red dog with four wings and chains that is constantly on fire and is holding a sword'.

- Item suggestions should be fairly simple and something that has not too much detail, since their size varies depending on their location around the site, and can sometimes be fairly tiny!

- Not everything (most likely not even most things) will get used, however it is helpful to figure out where to go next! Also keep in mind that suggestions will not get personal responses explaining on if they are being used or not.

A helpful guideline form:
[b]Item Name:[/b]
[b]Item Description:[/b]
[b]Item Function:[/b]
[b]Item Type:[/b]
[b]Other Details:[/b]
Posted 01-06-2021 20:21:17
Item suggestion-

Item Name: (Purpose, Meaning, Sunshiner, Moonshiner, goldfish, Ali, Sharptooth, harkwin, etc)
Item Description: A select few of your favorite old fishy companions that no longer can be found
Item Function: None/aesthetic, just a companion :)
Item Type: Companion
Other Details: Probably obtainable from water boxes or plain boxes? Basically, I really liked the fish companions, and it'd be neat to see some of them brought back? They were very fun and might give existing users who have everything else something to do! (I really enjoyed the fishing when it existed and loved trying to collect all of these, and the descriptions were very entertaining)
Posted 01-19-2021 13:47:12
Item Name: Demon Lure
Item Description: "This strange gem seems to draw in powerful demons"
Item Function: Special Battle Stone that attracts higher tier demons to your champion
Item Type: Special (purple) battle stone

Other Details: The gist is, a purple battle stone would prevent your champion from ALSO equipping a powerful attacking/healing battle stone, like the leaf stone or phoenix feather. In exchange, your champion encounters higher tier demons (i.e. stander demon and wyrm demon instead of basic fire demons) MUCH more frequently and/or exclusively. Risk/reward. Give up a powerful attack that lets you sweep through battles, have a more challenging fight, but also gain experience much more quickly by fighting strong demons with a higher exp yield for their level.
Posted 01-29-2021 18:06:57
Item Name: Training Weights
Item Description: "This trinket is quite heavy..."
Item Function: Special Battle Stone that has a high/decent chance of causing an additional 1-5 point boost to ATK, SPD, or DEF upon levelup
Item Type: Special (purple) battle stone
Other Details: Basically, a purple battle stone (which prevents you from equipping it alongside something like an Orb of Plutas) that has a reasonably high (maybe 50%-70%?) chance of adding additional points to a creature's calculated RNG levelup stat gains. Sacrificing EASY battles for strength training your creature~!

Optionally: Three or four varieties of Training Weights- one for each stat, with HP being the easiest to obtain since this stat isn't used for contests. Otherwise, just a single type of this battlestone, and the stat it boosts each levelup is chosen at random every time the creature levels up (can be any stat EXCEPT HP, which already generally gets bigger boosts than the other three). The boost provided by this battlestone stacks with the normal levelup gain the creature already gets. This means, if the creature normally would have gained +1 attack this levelup, and the trinket gives a measly +1 boost to attack, the creature gains +2 permanent attack total. However, sometimes there's a rare chance of getting a big +5 boost on top of a natural +5 or +6, but the odds of this happening and resulting in a +10 to a stat are pretty low.

Perhaps the chance of an extra +1 or +2 is pretty good, like 80%, but the chance of a big +5 boost is low, like only a 7% chance of happening (low, but statistically probable that you get the big boost at least ONCE before a creature reaches level 25)

I suppose if you really wanna go full macho brace with it, it gives a temporary negative bonus to speed while equipped (almost ensuring you take some damage every battle), but it DOUBLES whatever RNG calculated levelup stat gains the creature receives.

Obviously these are a lot of options, but that is because I do not know how the game is coded, so these are just a variety of implementation methods in the hopes that one of them seems reasonable and easier to program without having to change much about how battles and levelups work. My goal is a balanced way to temporarily hinder your creature in order to strength train its stats, inspired by existing mechanics for this in pokemon games, using items that halve your creature's speed in exchange for forcing it to gain a lot more points in a stat (or doubling the gains received in ALL stats) (but still with a cap/limitation of some kind on how many points can be gained per level or per creature)
This post has been edited 4 times. Last edited on 01-29-2021 18:12:47.
Posted 01-29-2021 18:24:21
@Jeredu I'm not fond of that idea since I think it'll push contest stats out there too fast, it would have to be an extra 1 point max very rarely, especially since those items can be used infinitely. Contest stats need to stay somewhat close to what the natural breeding / current cap is so that newer users still have a chance to win trophies.
This post has been edited 1 times. Last edited on 01-29-2021 18:52:53.
Posted 01-29-2021 22:08:49
Fair enough!