Need an account? Register.

Far-Out-Plans And Ideas

Forum Index

Far-Out-Plans And Ideas

Posted 01-11-2021 19:54:28
Hello! Things posted here are spitball ideas, which may or may not make it to the game and are expected to be expanded on and changed as I work on designing them further.

Some simple rules:

- Keep it copyright free! This includes being aware that your suggestion should not be something you 'own', so that we are able to actually use it. If you do submit something here, keep in mind that it is giving us permission to use it!

- Don't post art here! If you want to submit art for official use, you should contact us through a PM or email.

- Spitball! Go wild! This is specifically meant for crackpot-big-ideas you have 0 investment in. I might take bits and parts of your idea, not use any of it, or never even use the overall large prompt; it's an idea board more than anything.

- Not everything (most likely not even most things) will get used, however it is helpful to figure out where to go next! Also keep in mind that suggestions will not get personal responses explaining on if they are being used or not.

Current Idea Prompt

Micro Events!
Micro events will run for three days and have a chance of randomly spawning during rollover, irrespective of season. Only one micro event can happen at once, and cannot spawn over each other.

Micro Event Idea 1: Demon Raid (Dark Element)

- New demons spawn in all zones while battling.
- These demons have a chance of dropping 'demon tickets', which can give out companions based upon themselves, and the mini demon pets.
- Battle charges respawn 2 every 5 minutes.
- Creche floods with species that are 'dark' elemental or 'demon esque'.
- ⭐ Needs more ideas for here, probably.

Micro Event Idea 2: Greenhouse Access (Leaf Element)

- Opens up access to a new 'gardening page' where you can grow plants. You are given 10 static plots of dirt and need to manage them.
- Opens up a new store (managed by Veridan) where you can buy seeds to grow certain plants.
- Plants take time to grow, not clicks. Have an animated progress bar underneath them showing their time to next growth stage.
- Plants have 5 stages of growth: Planted seed, Seedling, Young Plant, Flowering Plant, Fruiting Plant.
- Once harvested, plant crops act as 'minor color potions'.
- Green, Yellow, Blue, and Red dye fruit; Glow Berry; Zap Berry; Woozy Bud
- Creche floods with plant based critters.

Micro Event Idea 3: Helping Hands (Water Element)

- Questing gives double rewards.
- Clicking other people's pets gives double rewards.
- Interacting with other people's companions gives double rewards.
- Limited quest-shop only companions for duration of event. (Bees.)
- ⭐ Creche floods with pink / cute / soft creatures? No idea.
- ⭐ Gifting ??? What could radiate kindness and or prophecy ?

Micro Event Idea 4: Something to do with. Alchemy?

- ⭐ Feel free to suggest micro events past here.
Posted 01-11-2021 21:34:48
Couple micro-event thoughts:

Treasure Hunt (Stone Element)
- Box drops increase
- Extra scouring slots
- Creche floods with metal/gem dragons
- Maybe scours complete faster to include the time aspect of Stone Clan? Or random scour events happen even more often?

Mist Merchandising (??? lol) (Wind Element)
- Shops have discounts
- Creche floods with species that are 'wind elemental' or avian
- Onroz's floods with wind-aligned companions
- Event-exclusive backgrounds for sale?

As for my big vague concepts, rn I'm picturing an expedition-esque event where a temporary new biome is discovered. Maybe it could start like a choose-your-own-adventure with site polls to decide where we go. I think the Veil is a bit small for that, though, so it's not very realistic.