Need an account? Register.

Jeredu's Art Thread

Forum Index

Jeredu's Art Thread

Posted 02-01-2021 16:54:06
Wow, sad to see the art galleries empty. I'm trying to figure out which of my babies gets a paintbrush, so I figured doing some dragon sketches might be a good idea first.

I started off with a sketch of Xemnas, my [negative potion'd] White Quasar, sire of the Sacred Moon clan

(Edit: You'll need to open the image in a tab, the forum format cuts off the right side)

based on:

Angery boi, very fierce. So majestic.
This post has been edited 1 times. Last edited on 02-01-2021 16:55:07.
Posted 02-14-2021 15:53:48
I've been having fun making overlays for some of my creatures, attempting a sort of hybrid paint+sprite style.

Based on:

This one was initially painted at this size, then I attempted to turn it into something more akin to the pixel art style of the site (except for his flames, which stayed soft and painterly)

(her page is here, but it takes a while before her sprite updates: https://mirrorwood.com/view/ZkOBs)
Based on:

This time, the body was scratch sprited, and only the ventral wing surface was painted.

It'd be fun to do more. I have one more paintbrush at the moment. Maybe I'll do several more and share them here just for fun? While I save up for more paintbrushes.

I should mention that I have officially done some dragon sprites for a different pet site in the past, so I don't want to misrepresent myself as someone doing this for the first time. But it has been years, and this is really fun and good practice, I highly recommend giving it a try.
Posted 02-15-2021 19:55:04
Another overlay sprite complete. This one has no painted components.

based on

But, more importantly, based on real blue amber. Blue amber looks normal under indoor/fluorescent lighting (basically, in any lighting that doesn't contain UV)

However, UV rays make it fluoresce blue, and it becomes so INTENSELY blue that regular sunlight will actually cause it to change color anywhere the sunlight is reflected off of its surface. However, the light that passes through (transmitted light) is still amber colored:

Posted 04-03-2021 11:07:38
Sorry if you'd rather no one posted here but wow your art work is absolutely amazing! I just had to say something, you're so skilled :O