Need an account? Register.

FIXED :: Breeding Mechanics?

Forum Index

FIXED :: Breeding Mechanics?

Posted 08-14-2021 14:42:15
I'm still learning as I play occasionally, I'm wondering, how does one breed alternate variants of species, like, the ones in the Encyclopedia? Is it just a matter of breeding the regular variant of same species and is left to chance? Is there a guide anywhere that could help? Thank you.
Post Edited by Admin @Ezriaphiel (#1)

This post has been edited 1 times. Last edited on 04-30-2022 15:24:17.
Posted 08-15-2021 00:29:51
To get a pulsar, breed a singularity with a mate of the desired color. To get a quasar, breed two pulsars together or breed a pulsar with a mate of the desired color (or breed two quasars together). Pulsars and quasars can also be purchased through Eggx. A serpens colors is a possible outcome of breeding together a heterochroma and an arcus pluvius (white, not black). A coconut palm is a possible result of breeding a cocowyrm (available as a raffle prize or through a high-level alchemy recipe). The only way to get a cockatrice (besides breeding one with something else) is as a rare raffle prize. Everything else is a spriter's alt and (with the exception of the balsa drake and manus wing dragons, which occasionally show up as raffle prizes) not currently available, as none of their artists are active on this version of the site. I think that covers everything.

Edit: Everything under Breeding, that is. There are a few color variations that aren't spriter's alts. Those are found randomly in the Creche or in their special region.

Edit 2: For the most part, things breed true. Toads and glow wyvrms occasionally surprise you. Leaf midges match the season (with bloodleafs only available in autumn during a blood moon). Breeding two pulsars or quasars of different colors may also give you outcomes that don't match the parents.
This post has been edited 2 times. Last edited on 08-15-2021 00:34:56.
Need site currency? Playing with my hundreds of companions here can earn you a decent amount of both blue stones and reactor stones. Companions may be played with once per hour (total, not per user). If nothing shows up, check back later.

Still on AO3 here - Forest of Mirrors, Dragon Cave, MagiStream, Jelle's Marble Runs, and original fiction.
Posted 08-15-2021 09:56:30
Dang, I was hoping to get the Sugilite variant and a few others. Understood. By breeding a singularity with another mate, what species would that include or is that referring to the quasars and pulsars? I would like to give it a try on my own.
Posted 08-15-2021 17:56:07
Singularities are dragons and can be bred with anything else that's both breedable and classified as a dragon (Encyclopedia -> All Species -> Breed Class, with dragons running from the aeon rykier (which can't actually breed) to the yellow quasar).

Here are some other oddities. Aeon rykiers and wish dragons are only available as raffle prizes. Ascended arcane dragons are currently unavailable (the mechanism by which they were created on the old version of the site did not transfer over) and not breedable. Anything under Event in the encyclopedia can be found as a rare raffle prize. Anything under Items in the encyclopedia (except the plutarian) is a possible battle drop. Plutarians are either unavailable or a really rare raffle prize.
Need site currency? Playing with my hundreds of companions here can earn you a decent amount of both blue stones and reactor stones. Companions may be played with once per hour (total, not per user). If nothing shows up, check back later.

Still on AO3 here - Forest of Mirrors, Dragon Cave, MagiStream, Jelle's Marble Runs, and original fiction.
Posted 08-17-2021 16:10:53
Ohh, okay! Thank you, I'll see where I'll go from here with my breeding experiments!