Need an account? Register.

Reintroducing the (Mostly) Unavailable?

Forum Index

Reintroducing the (Mostly) Unavailable?

Posted 08-15-2021 18:40:47
Let me just say that I got part of the way through this and got really strong deja vu. If I'm accidentally plagiarizing someone else's suggestion, let me know and I'll give them credit.

There are still a few creatures from the old site that are in the system, but effectively unavailable except as raffle prizes, as the means of obtaining them didn't transfer over. I've had some thoughts as to how they might possibly be brought back using existing mechanisms.

Aeon rykier - This could easily be an alchemy brew, especially with aeon cannonballs already being part of the existing item pool.

Ascended arcane - Could an ascended arcane transformation potion be a high-level alchemy brew? We have other potions that change creature appearance, though that's more of a cosmetic thing. Another possibility would be to have the alchemy recipe create a completely new creature, but have the in-universe explanation be that we convinced a random arcane to ascend. Arcane gems are already in the system, so they could be added to the overall item pool instead of just being a rare Veridan offer.

Cockatrice - I think the only ingredient missing from the old alchemy recipe is the wind egg, which could just be added to the item pool as an ordinary item.

Firework drake - These could be a rare drop during lightning events. The description suggests they only breed during the winter, but we could be collecting the eggs left behind when they leave to migrate.

Gilded matkiear - Could these be added to the High Mount as an extremely rare drop, the way other holiday/event creatures were added to the areas that made sense for them? (They strike me as being more light-oriented than anything else, though I could be wrong.)

Small demons - These might work as a battle ticket item.

Assorted Halloween creatures (peryton, crobbit, poisonous mushroom dragon, will o wisp (tree, not dragon)) - Would it be feasible to code in a random event for October, similar to the lightning/blizzard/blood moon events? If that's too much of a potential headache, Eggx could sell them during the month of October (for exorbitantly high amounts if necessary).

Plutarian - These could be a creature brew for Level 9 or Level 10, after the Orb of Plutas brew has been unlocked.

(I'm not even going to get into artist alts, which are clearly their own thing and dependent on the wishes of the artist. I'm guessing that, except for the balsa drakes and manus wing dragons, artist alts are effectively no longer available.)

Edited November 2023: Small demons and Halloween creatures are now available from the yearly Halloween event.
This post has been edited 1 times. Last edited on 11-12-2023 13:37:25.
Need site currency? Playing with my hundreds of companions here can earn you a decent amount of both blue stones and reactor stones. Companions may be played with once per hour (total, not per user). If nothing shows up, check back later.

Still on AO3 here - Forest of Mirrors, Dragon Cave, MagiStream, Jelle's Marble Runs, and original fiction.
Posted 11-12-2023 13:35:58
Small demons and the Halloween creatures are now available once a year from the Halloween event (as well as from the raffle), but I'm bumping this up for the other creatures that are either completely unavailable or only available as raffle prizes.
Need site currency? Playing with my hundreds of companions here can earn you a decent amount of both blue stones and reactor stones. Companions may be played with once per hour (total, not per user). If nothing shows up, check back later.

Still on AO3 here - Forest of Mirrors, Dragon Cave, MagiStream, Jelle's Marble Runs, and original fiction.
Posted 12-26-2023 06:37:28
i think plutarian could work as rare result for pluta orb brew, imo
All hail the toad army