Need an account? Register.

FIXED: Possible New User Account Setup Bug?

Forum Index

FIXED: Possible New User Account Setup Bug?

Posted 01-11-2022 17:42:12
Every new user from #489 to the most recent user (currently #684) shows as having no clan and no creatures. That's a span of about three months (October 11 to today, January 11). I can understand a handful of no-clan accounts being spammers or people who signed up and immediately lost interest, but close to two hundred suggests there might be something wrong. It looks like there might be a bug at some point in the account creation process (possibly at the clan choice step?), especially since there are a few instances of either really lazy multiaccounting or someone making a second (or even third) attempt to finish the creation process.

(By contrast, I also went back a couple dozen profiles from 489. There were a couple of blanks, but everyone else had at least chosen a clan and most had at least one creature.)

Edit: As of March 1st, we're up to #763 - close to 300 clanless users with no creatures.
Post Edited by Admin @Iaophiel (#2)

This post has been edited 2 times. Last edited on 03-21-2022 20:30:41.
Need site currency? Playing with my hundreds of companions here can earn you a decent amount of both blue stones and reactor stones. Companions may be played with once per hour (total, not per user). If nothing shows up, check back later.

Still on AO3 here - Forest of Mirrors, Dragon Cave, MagiStream, Jelle's Marble Runs, and original fiction.
Posted 03-13-2022 21:35:12
A friend at school has experienced this but a bit different. They keep trying to make an account and it shows up as they're online but they can't access the account they made. And when they try to log in it refuses to let them.
Posted 03-21-2022 20:30:22
Thanks for the feedback on this one, it was actually an issue related to the Halloween event and new accounts. All fixed now.
Find a server related bug / issue? DM or email me at [email protected] about it please!