Need an account? Register.

Pillar Seadrake Breeding Glitch?

Forum Index

Pillar Seadrake Breeding Glitch?

Posted 06-13-2022 02:50:31
I was under the impression that breeding two pillar seadrakes would give offspring that were a mix of characteristics of both parents. However, when I bred a pair just now, I got a 500 error and...this - (now Pillarling Radish). Neither of the parents are brown and neither have a cream underbelly. I'm guessing the default pillar seadrake is the equivalent of the radish dragon - what the site comes up with when provided an impossible/incomplete creature/breeding result.

Edit: Further oddities - the fertility potions applied to both parents were not consumed and both parents still have the breed option available.
This post has been edited 3 times. Last edited on 06-28-2022 22:05:22.
Need site currency? Playing with my hundreds of companions here can earn you a decent amount of both blue stones and reactor stones. Companions may be played with once per hour (total, not per user). If nothing shows up, check back later.

Still on AO3 here - Forest of Mirrors, Dragon Cave, MagiStream, Jelle's Marble Runs, and original fiction.
Posted 06-22-2022 21:19:48
Okay, so getting a 500 error while breeding pillar seadrakes seems to give the default pillar seadrake. Meet Pillarling Glitch:
Need site currency? Playing with my hundreds of companions here can earn you a decent amount of both blue stones and reactor stones. Companions may be played with once per hour (total, not per user). If nothing shows up, check back later.

Still on AO3 here - Forest of Mirrors, Dragon Cave, MagiStream, Jelle's Marble Runs, and original fiction.
Posted 06-25-2022 22:07:46
Even shiny pillardrakes aren't immune to the glitch. Meet Pillarling Aargh - . (I understand that this is probably more of a feature than a bug, However, the parents are still showing up as breedable (and the fertility potions weren't consumed), so now I need to remember to not breed them again until three full days have passed. It seems like it would be easy to accidentally exploit the glitch and get in an extra breeding.)

- Pillarling Error. At least this one wasn't supposed to be shiny.

- Pillarling Also. Another 500 error seadrake.

It looks like the glitch with parents still showing up as breedable has been fixed. If it helps with determining whether this is bad luck or something fixable, all but one of these were the first offspring from that particular pairing.

Pillarling Radish, Pillarling Glitch, Pillarling Aargh, Pillarling Also - First from that particular pairing. Where pairings were bred again, subsequent offspring behaved normally.

Pillarling Error - Second from that exact pairing.

- Pillarling Redux. Third offspring (and second glitch) from that pairing.
This post has been edited 6 times. Last edited on 07-02-2022 13:52:57.

Posted 07-05-2022 13:41:09
Eight shiny pillardrake breeding attempts, four 500 errors.

- Pillarling Again
- Pillarling Fate
- Pillarling Myriad
- Pillarling Haywire

Still no common thread. Pillarling Again is from a pairing with 11 non-glitchy children. I did click Breed from the other mate's page this time, but I did that with other pairings and did not get a 500 error.

Posted 07-07-2022 23:40:34
Three more. I'm starting to wonder if there are certain combinations of traits that always throw a 500 error when they show up as a breeding result.

And yet more.
- Second glitch from this pairing, second time I clicked breed on the father's page. Possibly coincidental?
- Second glitch, second time I clicked breed on the mother's page.

I'm starting to think there's something buggy going on with black with white glowing spots (like - ignore that she's shiny) and this guy's color of leopard spots ( - ignore that he's shiny), or possibly all leopard spots. The 11 non-glitchy offspring from this pairing are all either black with glowing spots or have the father's color with no leopard spots. I've bred other pairings where the offspring got the body color of one mate and the special markings of the other and the other shiny pairing has given me both special markings, so you'd think at least one of the eleven would have leopard spots or be black with neither special marking.

(This is based on a small sample size, but I haven't bred black w/white glow with any pillar seadrake and gotten a pure black offspring (except for the time the other parent seadrake was black with no special markings) or the glow with the other parent's coloring. I also haven't gotten leopard spots unless both parents had spots.)

Possibly unrelated, but I seem to be getting a slightly improbable number of bred pillar seadrakes that are nearly clones of one parent with maybe the antenna or eye color of the other. Pillar caldonies have been behaving more as expected and have offspring that are more of a combination of the two parents, though admittedly I haven't bred as many of these.

Edit: More

This post has been edited 2 times. Last edited on 07-10-2022 21:58:20.

Posted 10-28-2022 18:53:24
Maybe I'm missing something, but none of those drakes give me a server 500 error? Is this still an issue?
Find a server related bug / issue? DM or email me at [email protected] about it please!

Posted 10-28-2022 19:45:34
Yes, it's still happening. Breeding the parents gave me a 500 error instead of a results page, but the offspring are normal (except for being the default pillar seadrake when they shouldn't be). If you want, I can reproduce the glitch a few times for you. If I breed a specific color of spots to a specific color of glow, I get a 500 error and the egg produced gives the default pillar seadrake.

For example, breeding to gives the 500 error and a default pillardrake. Breeding to gives an offspring with glow or an offspring with no special markings.

Here's a lineage tree for one of the glitchlings: https://mirrorwood.com/lineage/0Ypor

Posted 11-22-2022 16:58:28
Here are two pairings that just gave me unexpected glitchlings. I'll breed them again in 3+ days starting with the other parent to see if order makes a difference.

x = 500 error on breeding results page and

x = 500 error on breeding results page and

There is absolutely a glitch here. I should not be breeding two shiny pillars and getting a non-shiny offspring that doesn't look at all like either parent. Is it possible there's something strange going on with special marking inheritance?

If you need a larger sample size, I can post a bunch of potential troublemaker pairings.

Posted 11-27-2022 00:18:45
Somewhat more than three days later...

x =
x =

Order does seem to make a difference.

Edit: x = 500 error after breeding and . I think that exact same breeding order behaved normally last time?
This post has been edited 2 times. Last edited on 11-27-2022 15:03:14.