Need an account? Register.

Use items to customize a creature

Forum Index

Use items to customize a creature

Posted 06-16-2022 20:00:36
I think it would be intersting to have a feature that allowed people to put items on dragons.
For example: You have an necklace item wich you can put wehrever you want on the dragon.
It is basically just the image of the thing wich you can move around, make it bigger and smaller and adjust to your liking.
Would be pretty interesting.
And we could have a market stall selling those items, or have them be obtainable trough chests, battles etc!
I know that we could do a similliar thing with the already existing feature, but not all people are able to do art or have the money for comissions.
It would make those things more acsessible and it would be easier to customize the dragons
I dont know if one should be able to do that with all items or just specific ones..
Anyways i think that would be pretty neat
This post has been edited 3 times. Last edited on 06-17-2022 17:19:23.
Posted 06-18-2022 20:39:29
This is a fun idea, but might work better as individual trinkets that appear below the creature than as wearable items. There are a lot of sprites and some of them are quite small, plus some of the artists have strict rules about recolors and sprite alterations (which I believe is why you can't apply a color-changing potion to anything designed by Mysfytt or Tekla). If the items aren't part of the sprite, then they can be larger and don't have to be individually drawn for each sprite.

There's something a little like this in place already, and I don't mean the overlays. If you go down to where the battle trinkets live on your creature page and click the plus sign, you can add a keepsake slot. This slot can be filled with any item or battle trinket (though battle trinkets added in this way won't affect stats). I don't know if there's a current limit, but you can have at least four keepsake slots.

Here's Charm showing off her collection (click to see):

I love the idea of a trinket-selling NPC - maybe with stock that rotates monthly, like Onroz's companions. The trinkets wouldn't have to do anything in-game - just look pretty.

(Edit: If anyone reading this was on Valley of Unicorns years ago during the early years of the site, there was something similar to this with trinkets.)
This post has been edited 1 times. Last edited on 06-18-2022 20:53:23.
Need site currency? Playing with my hundreds of companions here can earn you a decent amount of both blue stones and reactor stones. Companions may be played with once per hour (total, not per user). If nothing shows up, check back later.

Still on AO3 here - Forest of Mirrors, Dragon Cave, MagiStream, Jelle's Marble Runs, and original fiction.
Posted 06-24-2022 16:07:19
yeah, i agree with you
Posted 08-06-2022 16:07:25
Bump!
Additional idea, maybe rather have just like the image of the item on the dragons profile?
Like we have a slot for companions we can also have slots for items to be displayed!