Need an account? Register.

Problem with Profile Pic Updating

Forum Index

Problem with Profile Pic Updating

Posted 09-27-2022 01:07:35
To cut to the chase, my pfp (profile pic) will not update but my bio will, despite the fact I actually select an image file from my pc and make sure it no longer specifies "No image selected". I even made sure that the image didn't look anything remotely NSFW and am following the TOS as is advised. However even by doing those things my pfp on here will not update, which is very odd and slightly infuriating because I found some new pfp worthy pictures that I wanna try out but am unable to have them show on here. ;w;

So lately I have went to my profile information on here to make some changes to my account, such as updating my bio and updating my pfp, and did that just after changing my username. After I checked to see if all requirements were met for my updated pfp and double-checked my bio in case I missed something, I went down and pressed "Save Changes". The message about the profile info successfully being saved came up and my bio was updated for sure, but my pfp didn't update at all no matter how many times I retried. I even tried it out with different pfps that were .png files (even tried a .jpeg but got an error saying "image must be an image") but none of them worked. I hope someone finds out what is wrong because I've tried everything I can and idk what to do-
Posted 09-27-2022 14:56:39
The last time someone had this problem, the profile pic did eventually update (and they've successfully changed it a few times since then). I'm seeing a pale blue dragon with purple eyes and gold orbs against a blue background. Is that your original profile pic or what you changed it to?

(To rule out the obvious, did you go back to your profile and refresh afterward? Occasionally things don't seem to update, but they actually have.)
Need site currency? Playing with my hundreds of companions here can earn you a decent amount of both blue stones and reactor stones. Companions may be played with once per hour (total, not per user). If nothing shows up, check back later.

Still on AO3 here - Forest of Mirrors, Dragon Cave, MagiStream, Jelle's Marble Runs, and original fiction.
Posted 09-28-2022 02:56:24
That is indeed what my new pfp is supposed to look like. For me it still shows as my old pfp no matter how many times I refreshed which is very odd-
(my old pfp used to be a black and orange Ryu Dragon from Kingdom Hearts against a black and blue background)
Posted 09-28-2022 03:03:44
I just don't know why it's showing wrong only on my end. I did do what you said already many times but still it shows as the old pfp. Perhaps there could be another way of having it update its appearance on my end?
Posted 09-28-2022 13:49:19
Have you tried a hard refresh? Clearing your cache/cookies? What happens if you try a different device?
Need site currency? Playing with my hundreds of companions here can earn you a decent amount of both blue stones and reactor stones. Companions may be played with once per hour (total, not per user). If nothing shows up, check back later.

Still on AO3 here - Forest of Mirrors, Dragon Cave, MagiStream, Jelle's Marble Runs, and original fiction.
Posted 09-29-2022 01:21:33
Okay so I signed into here on my phone and it shows up as the new pfp on there. On my pc, the device I usually use while on this website, I did hard refresh and even logged out and back into my account to see if that changed it but apparently it didn't do anything. I guess I'm just stuck with seeing my old pfp on my pc?
Posted 09-29-2022 01:25:36
I forgot to mention I did try clearing my cookies to see if that helped but no dice-
Posted 09-29-2022 01:59:18
Did you try a different browser on your PC? It could be a browser related issue.
If you need clicks for a quest, I have a growing number of creatures here. You can also play with my creatures' companions as well. That is, if they're not on cooldown.
Posted 09-29-2022 21:20:13
I did not try it on a different browser, HOWEVER THOUGH for some reason it finally updated on my pc when I went back online today! Holy damn I was so happy when I saw it I literally slapped myself no kidding lol. I think what I had to do to fix it was just to open this website up on my phone, close out of my current browser (Chrome) on my pc where my pfp wasn't updated, and then just open it back up on my pc and then it updated! Or maybe it only worked after I turned off or restarted my pc after I had the browser and this website open on my phone, who knows, I'm just super glad its finally updated on here ^w^

I give great thanks to those who were making the efforts to help me, honestly I can't thank you enough