Need an account? Register.

What does "shiny" mean?

Forum Index

What does "shiny" mean?

Posted 10-28-2022 01:05:48
I'm just a little confused! Is it the same as Pokemon where it's just a rarer alternate color, or are they more unique/varied? How do you get them? I've got a few but only from the fields. I'm curious!
Posted 10-28-2022 08:29:46
Pretty sure they're creatures with varied unique color schemes. You can get them through breeding as far as I know, with increased odds of breeding one if one or both of the parents are shinies.
Check out my profiles on other petsites!!

Posted 10-28-2022 19:29:49
You have a very rare chance of getting a shiny creature from the Creche/alchemy (or presumably anything that generates a creature - I know of one achievement shiny) or by breeding two non-shiny creatures. Shiny/shiny always gives shiny (except for something like the pillar seadrake breeding glitch I encountered), shiny/non-shiny always gives non-shiny, I think. You can make any creature shiny with a variate potion, which is a Level 10 alchemy brew.
Need site currency? Playing with my hundreds of companions here can earn you a decent amount of both blue stones and reactor stones. Companions may be played with once per hour (total, not per user). If nothing shows up, check back later.

Still on AO3 here - Forest of Mirrors, Dragon Cave, MagiStream, Jelle's Marble Runs, and original fiction.