Need an account? Register.

shiny chances?

Forum Index

shiny chances?

Posted 02-14-2024 21:28:34
is there any page that states what the exact chances are for a shiny? or has anyone calculated a rough estimate of the odds to get a shiny, whether that be from breeding non shiny x non shiny, or the creche/deity areas?
Posted 02-18-2024 01:40:17
@Mathcat is there by any chance that you might be able to answer this? you seem to breed alot of pets and have lots of experience on this site so i thought you might know things about breeding system that many don't
All hail the toad army

Posted 02-21-2024 14:23:24
All I know is that the chances for getting a shiny are really, really low. I did hear at one point that the chances are slightly better for singularities/pulsars/quasars, but I don't know if that's official or speculation. I know that it took me hundreds of eggs to get one shiny quasar (and, of course, I finally got a shiny egg when I was breeding to test something else). Unfortunately, your best chances for getting a shiny are to reach Level 10 in alchemy and start brewing variate potions.

I do know that it's possible (though really, really unlikely) to get a shiny egg from the Creche and from achievement rewards. It seems like it should be possible to get one from quests, scouring, and anything else that can give you an egg (including maybe the pillar?), but I don't know of any shiny eggs achieved by these methods.
Need site currency? Playing with my hundreds of companions here can earn you a decent amount of both blue stones and reactor stones. Companions may be played with once per hour (total, not per user). If nothing shows up, check back later.

Still on AO3 here - Forest of Mirrors, Dragon Cave, MagiStream, Jelle's Marble Runs, and original fiction.