Need an account? Register.

Mini Comments

Forum Index

Mini Comments

Posted 11-09-2019 21:32:51
I hate to say this but..this place is really s-l-o-w.
I don't even bother doing much clicking because the page loading is so slow and boggy; basically anything we do here is slow, boggy and tedious.

I still like the site but I am getting the impression that somewhere along the line Ezriaphiel kinda gave up on this place. I hope I am wrong 'cause I'd hate to think that all those critters, blue stones and reactor stones we accumulated on the old site then lost by migrating here was all for nothing.

I know Ezri has his/her own life and all as do we all but a little heads up would be helpful so we know where we are at.
Anyone know anything?
Posted 11-17-2019 17:46:09
Well..since this site is either dead, abandoned or put on hold I had to waste a lot of potions to grow my dragons since the caretaker hub is not working and the entire site is slow and boggy.

The pages for clicking and loading creatures and companions is very slow so now I have to slowly rebuild my potion supplies after artificially growing my critters.
Posted 11-23-2019 22:09:39
I am in the process of learning to knit.
It seems easy at first but that is where the trap lies, kiddies.
You see, it is easy to cast on once you get the hang of a technique
then you learn the basic stitch (called a Garter Stitch) but once you get that down
then you discover that it is rather tricky trying to keep your stitches tight enough so they won't
slip off the needles but loose enough so you can actually get your needle under the loop of
the stitch.

Oh..then there is the beauty called "Binding Off" where you need to stitch an entire row in such a way
that will prevent your hard work from unraveling before your eyes.

Now onto the needles. I have a set of Bamboo needles and Steel needles.
Both are really good and the Bamboo is especially good if you are learning as the natural wood grain
grips the yarn so it doesn't slip easy however if you have a tendency to make tight stitches then
it becomes problematic as it is hard to pry the needle under the stitching not to mention a pain in the...neck
when you want to bind off.

Furthermore, knitting is not exactly a mindless hobby as you need to pay attention to
what you are doing so you don't accidentally loose a stitch or forget where you are at.
It is frustrating when you've spent nearly a week knitting only to discover that somewhere along the line
you managed to drop a few stitches making your work look like it
has random button holes strewn all over.

Now as to the yarn, I like both the cotton and acrylic and if you are careful they are pretty good to work with
however you need to pay attention to the quality as some strands are loosely woven making it easy to shred if you miss with the needle or have to start over.
Acrylic can be easier to work with since if you pull it too tight it doesn't necessarily stay
tight...usually.

SO..that is my knit-talk for now.
Stay tuned for later episodes.
Posted 01-31-2020 23:32:34
We're back!
Need site currency? Playing with my hundreds of companions here can earn you a decent amount of both blue stones and reactor stones. Companions may be played with once per hour (total, not per user). If nothing shows up, check back later.

Still on AO3 here - Forest of Mirrors, Dragon Cave, MagiStream, Jelle's Marble Runs, and original fiction.
Posted 02-01-2020 00:02:10
*hugs all my creatures* So nice to see Mirrorwood again. Many thanks to the high council working hard to get everything working! ^^
Posted 02-01-2020 10:24:33
YAY!!! It's back!
Still slow though and the caretaker hub still doesn't work but..we're back so now I can get back to battling with my little demon and doin' stuff.
Posted 03-01-2020 15:49:11
Heh...I just had a thought, go battle demons with a corn plant!
What a champion! HAHAHAHAHAHA..
Posted 03-01-2020 16:23:35

... I feel like it'll just fall over if I put drachenlieche armor on it, but if it's for the sake of mage studies...

*takes out quill and paper* We'll see whether or not anyone's still laughing when Lil Crop out-digs their Pulsar in the platinum contests, hm? /s
Posted 03-01-2020 16:32:22
I have to admit that my plant might stand a chance considering its stats.

ATK - 30
SPD - 25
DEF - 15

Not bad for a corn plant.
Posted 03-01-2020 16:53:37
I don't believe it!
I actually won some battles against demons using my corn plant. The attacks are rather lackluster but..a few battle stones and its good to go but..I think I like my Plutarian Demon a bit better though.