Need an account? Register.

Mini Comments

Forum Index

Mini Comments

Posted 07-03-2020 09:46:53
Ok...lottsa broken images in Veridans stall and Item Shop.

ALSO...I get to look for another job as the place I was working for decided to cut back on staff and decided a cook was no longer needed and the Housing Attendants would do all that on top of all the other work they do.
Sad thing is that these gals don't know how to cook either.

Oh well, that's their deal now. Not goin' back. It was a learning experience but it is time to move on.
Posted 07-07-2020 18:01:42
Hmm..I would've thought that making an Alchemy Pet would have been a bit more rewarding....also, I have bred a few serpens colors but the achievement hasn't been unlocked.
Posted 07-11-2020 11:26:50
Whelp..once again my Daily Reward progress was slammed back to zero again. Makes me wonder why I even bother anymore because I'm sure this site will go down again in a few days and wipe out whatever progress I had.

At least at one point I made it to 122 days or so before teh site puked out so I wonder how long this stint will last.
Glad to see it is back though.
Posted 07-11-2020 21:05:48
On the bright side, things seem to have come unstuck again.
Need site currency? Playing with my hundreds of companions here can earn you a decent amount of both blue stones and reactor stones. Companions may be played with once per hour (total, not per user). If nothing shows up, check back later.

Still on AO3 here - Forest of Mirrors, Dragon Cave, MagiStream, Jelle's Marble Runs, and original fiction.
Posted 07-14-2020 12:53:47
So now I decided to take up crocheting. At first the basics seemed a bit daunting but it is getting easier as I go along.
One of the biggest challenges I face is trying to keep the tension steady and many of the videos I watch neglect to mention that when you hold the chain of stitches, that is all you really do; hold them and not really pull on that part.

The tension is mostly placed on the yarn you are holding as you make the stitches; this is something I had to figure out on my own because I couldn't figure out why my chain was skewered and/or so tight thus not being able to see all the 'V's' so I could do the single crotchet properly.

To be honest I am unsure which is better; knitting or crocheting. Both are neat to do but one advantage with crocheting is that you don't have to worry about having a half a needle of stitches slip off your knitting needle and if you mess up a stitch in crocheting you can just undo part of a row until you get to the part that has the boo-boo.
The rest of the stitches have already been done so you don't worry about losing them or anything.

I don't know why I have this urge to do these things but I suspect that, in time, things like knitting, crocheting and other needle work will become a life skill rather than just a hobby. I think it would be great if, in schools, they taught kids how to repair their own clothing and stuffed toys with just a needle and thread then teach them to use a sewing machine for bigger tasks.
After all, clothing is expensive and it is ludicrous to toss a perfectly good shirt just because a seem was undone.
In fact I find it astounding if not a tad troubling that many young people today can't even cook, as in using real ingredients -and from scratch- not from a box.

Just because we have grocery stores doesn't mean we should become so hopelessly dependent on pre-packaged and processed foods that we can't cook a simple meal without using Betty Crocker or Pillsbury.
Posted 07-14-2020 12:55:10
As a side note, yes, things have gotten unstuck it seems.
My battle charges are recharged and my champion is healed up now.
Posted 07-16-2020 11:02:55
I kinda like to crochet....
Posted 07-21-2020 15:49:47
I don't know what is better, crocheting or knitting.
Both have their pro's and con's.

With knitting you basically have the knit stitch and purl which is the foundation for lots of patterns plus your edges are always straight too.
With crocheting you have single, half-double, double, triple, etc stitches but you can make lots of things with just the single, half-double and double stitches.

With knitting however you are forced, pretty much, to knit at the very tips of your needles and it is WAY too easy to drop more than one stitch and the only way you can get it back is to somehow do soem twisty-twisty stuff to recover them as with crocheting you don't really 'drop' a stitch and it is easier to undo a few stitches then redo them if there is a mistake.

Also with crocheting you don't need long or circular needles when doing a huge project and if you do a chain of, say, 35, once the chain is made you don't have to worry much and you don't have to turn your needles around either, just do a chain or two at the end of your row, turn your work around and then go the other way.
Binding off in crocheting is easier than in knitting too and weaving in the ends can be done a few ways.

I don't know, both are kinda fun to do..
Posted 08-08-2020 12:33:50
oh this is a neat thread, i've got plenty of stuff i can just randomly comment on let's gooooo

for instance, i noticed that your battle dragon slowly heals a bit over time now, which is amazing and i'm super glad this is a feature now bc battling is like 99% of what i do on here, i love it for some reason

also i may or may not be posting for the sole purpose of checking out the vista i just bought
Posted 08-09-2020 21:17:49
I just discovered this cool thing for crocheting called a 'Tension Regulator' and you can make one or buy it but the crux of the matter is that it is worn on one of your fingers -usually the index finger- and your yarn goes thru it and regulates the tension for you so you don't have to hold your finger/s in a single position.

Kinda nice because it won't make your hand and fingers cramp up too.
I tried the regulator with knitting too but that didn't work out too well but for crocheting it is a life-saver!

Also..I wanna buy another Bendy stuffed toy but the official store hasn't restocked in a while so I hope they get more soon so I can but one or two or....