Need an account? Register.

Mini Comments

Forum Index

Mini Comments

Posted 08-30-2020 19:09:01
I just crocheted a lap blanket. 36 x 28....not too shabby I wager and was kinda fun too so I might make another too.

Maybe I should crochet a few things and sell them.
Posted 09-04-2020 15:19:09
Yay! New computer!!!
Everything is so much faster now especially with Windows 10.
Would've chosen Linux or somethin' but I am no programmer and I just want to turn on and go.

Windows XP was nice to a degree but when it is no longer being supported by other programs then my motherboard conked out then I was forced to get another computer.
So it all worked out.
Posted 09-15-2020 19:37:51
So right now I am in the process of crocheting a 60" x 60" blanket.
I made up my own pattern which is -after making a foundation chain and a supportive row of single stitches- is 3 rows of Single Crochet, 4 rows of Half-Double Crochet and 2 rows of Double Crochet.

After using a skein of the Premier brand 'Puzzle' Tangram color pattern then I switched to Hangman color pattern. Once that is done I will go back to Tangram and once done I might crochet a border around the entire edge to make it look a bit nicer.

I think I like crocheting better than knitting, you can easily work larger projects and don't have to worry about stitches slipping off the needle or realizing that somewhere you dropped a stitch and have to do all sorts of knitting acrobatics to fix said boo-boo. PLUS with crocheting you are not restricted to working on a tiny tip, you just make a stitch then go on.....
Posted 09-25-2020 16:26:18
Anyone here do crochet?
When I have to change yarn I prefer to weave in the 'tails' of both the old yarn and new yarn.
I make sure each tail is about 3+ inches long (more 'cause I'm making a blankie) and then I twirl the ends together to form a nice tight braid then I just weave them into my work as I crochet.
It is barely noticeable and I can deal with the tails at the same time as I begin/continue crocheting.

Sometimes people might just weave them in using a tapestry needle but I don't want to do that if I don't have to.
Posted 10-03-2020 20:28:56
While making my 60'' by 60'' blanket I learned how to 'crochet in the round' which means I can make round things like coasters and whatnot. Kinda fun...eventually I wann learn to do arigumi so I can try to make my own Bendy toy. I wanna make a big one, with a tail too. He's not gonna have those 'pie-cut' eyes but regular eyes (black, of course)

Since I have been crocheting I haven't done any knitting. I should do something so I don't forget it completely.
Posted 10-19-2020 19:43:43
So I decided to do some knitting just so I don't forget how; I am now able to compare the two and I like crocheting more than knitting. You don't have to do this tedious binding off in crochet as you do in knitting and it is easier to keep the tension in crochet, especially when doing the foundation chain.

ALSO..when will teh broken images be fixed? Who knows.

I need to keep away from yarn for a bit, I see a nice color and I just HAVE to buy it!
Posted 01-06-2021 16:27:52
So I crocheted a place mat and it turned out ok but for some reason the edges curled a bit and what was once nice and straight the sides are now pulling inwards. Why oh why..I worked hard on this and in the end it looked...not-so-nice.
Posted 01-07-2021 13:29:45
Well, I found out why my project turned out so..wonky.
1) When I added my border, I neglected to put additional stitches in the corners.
2) I missed a corner
3) I put stitches in the wrong place because I didn't mark the corners
4) I think I put two stitches in one in some places.

SO..what have I learned? One is that I am going to mark each turning chain so I know where to put the stitches to clean up the3 edges AND..I am going to mark the corners as soon as they are made (i.e at the beginning and end of the foundation chain)
Posted 01-07-2021 15:59:35
I just found the feral amorphous demon, which I find really amusing for some reason.
Need site currency? Playing with my hundreds of companions here can earn you a decent amount of both blue stones and reactor stones. Companions may be played with once per hour (total, not per user). If nothing shows up, check back later.

Still on AO3 here - Forest of Mirrors, Dragon Cave, MagiStream, Jelle's Marble Runs, and original fiction.
Posted 01-09-2021 18:06:26
Just the other day I was wondering whether I'd just imagined mass move being a thing on the new site. It is now!

Also, I've been noticing that my rather large hold loads a lot faster now. Yay!
This post has been edited 1 times. Last edited on 01-09-2021 18:07:02.
Need site currency? Playing with my hundreds of companions here can earn you a decent amount of both blue stones and reactor stones. Companions may be played with once per hour (total, not per user). If nothing shows up, check back later.

Still on AO3 here - Forest of Mirrors, Dragon Cave, MagiStream, Jelle's Marble Runs, and original fiction.